The GX Rower Home Machine is a high quality hardwood rowing machine that uses water for resistance. It’s engineered especially for group exercise classes, and its purchase price includes DVDs for both ShockWave® and Indo-Row training. It is topped with a special GX monitor to give additional workout guidance and feedback as well. The GX Rower Home is made in the USA from sustainably sourced ash hardwood.
The WaterRower GX Home Rowing Machine is one of two rowers in the WaterRower GX Series. The other option is the more expensive GX Studio Rowing Machine built for commercial use. GX Series rowing machines can be used with traditional rowing workouts for time and distance, but they’re engineered to work with popular group exercise programs too. The purchase price includes DVDs for the Indo-Row and ShockWave® training programs.
This fitness machine is built in the USA. It features a water flywheel, a smooth concave monorail that’s easy to maintain, and the GX Monitor with simple programming. Its good-looking frame is crafted from sustainably sourced ash hardwood, and the GX logo is burned into the wood with a classy yet rustic effect.
The WaterFlywheel is a patented resistance system, and it’s a top tool for simulating the physiological experience of actual boat rowing. WaterFlywheel resistance feels natural, fits all skill levels, and produces a splash with each stroke.
Shoppers often compare the GX Home with another home rowing machine, the WaterRower Natural. These machines are priced similarly, with both selling for about $1,000 online. Some key differences are that the GX Home Rowing Machine has a simpler monitor and one rail instead of two, which gives it a lighter maximum weight capacity. Still, it can safely support up to 325 pounds. Another difference is rail shape. Because the GX Home has a concave rail instead of a flat rail, it accumulates less dust and requires less light maintenance.
The GX Home Rowing Machine is sold with a GX Monitor and workout DVDs. These and other features are explained in the lists below.
- Water Resistance: The WaterRower GX Home Rowing Machine uses water resistance to help create the sensation of rowing in a lake. Its patented WaterFlywheel consists of two paddles in an enclosed tank of water. The challenge level automatically increases when you exert more force. The resistance can also be altered depending on how much water you add to the tank.
- DVD Workouts: The purchase price includes DVDs for two popular rowing programs called ShockWave® and Indo-Row. These are excellent training tools that help you understand proper rowing technique and develop your skill. Some elements of the workouts include warming up, riding waves and racing.
- GX Monitor: The GX Monitor displays elapsed time, distance, stroke rate, speed/intensity and total calories burned. It also has a “Quick Start” Race/Pace option.The Race/Pace function lets you set up workouts for time and distance.
- Low Impact Yet Powerful: Rowing machines are low impact, which means they’re gentle on ankles, knees and hips. At the same time, they are are extremely effective. WaterRowers have been shown to work 84% of muscle mass! The GX Home Rowing Machine helps you safely and efficiently tone and strengthen your muscles while raising your metabolism.
- Fits Almost Everyone: Whether you’re short, tall or in-between, the GX Home rower should feel comfortable to use. It is meant for people with inseams up to 39” long.
- Easy Storage: The WaterRower is a full-sized rowing machine, but it can be flipped vertically to save floor space. When in use its dimensions are 83.5” long x 22.25” wide x 20” high.
- Eco-Minded: Made with sustainable wood and water, WaterRowers have a relatively light carbon footprint.
- Hardwood: The WaterRower GX Home is handcrafted from verified sustainable hardwood harvested in Appalachia. The ashwood is finished with Danish Oil for warmth.
- Long-Lasting: The WaterRower GX Home Rowing Machine is very likely to outlive its three-year parts warranty. It is constructed entirely from high quality parts.
- High Capacity: The WaterRower GX Home has a maximum user weight capacity of 325 pounds.
- Price: This WaterRower is more affordable than other models.
- Good Warranty: The GX Home rower carries a three-year parts warranty and a five-year frame warranty.
- No Heart Monitor: The WaterRower GX Home doesn’t have a heart rate receiver. In contrast, the WaterRower Natural provides advanced heart rate information and has a “Zone Feature” alert system to help you stay within the desired heart rate zone.
- GX vs S4 Monitors: The GX Monitor gives little workout guidance compared with the S4 Monitor used on other WaterRowers. In exchange though, the GX Home Rowing Machine is sold with motivational DVD training programs.
The WaterRower GX Home Rowing Machine is highly recommended for home workouts. WaterRowers are some of the best-feeling rowing machines on the market, and the GX Home is nicely priced for such a useful, durable and attractive unit. This is likely your best rowing machine option if you’d use DVD workouts. If DVDs aren’t your thing, then the WaterRower Natural with more built-in programs might be a better choice.
WaterRower GX Home Rowing Machine Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|