The Avari Programmable Magnetic Rower is an ultra-quiet rowing machine for home use. It has preset workout programs, keeps track of heart rate with a wireless monitor, and offers eight resistance levels. The Avari rower’s sleek aluminum frame can easily be folded for storage.
Get great cardio workouts at home with the Avari Programmable Magnetic Rower. This fitness machine sells for $999 and fares very well in customer reviews, not to mention makes our list of the best. It’s built with extruded aluminum that looks good and holds up well.
As its name explains, the Avari Programmable Magnetic Rower uses magnetic resistance. Magnetic resistance is the quietest type available, making it a nice choice for a home rowing machine. The tension is controlled electronically with buttons on the console and handlebars.
To help you make the most of exercise sessions, The Avari magnetic rower has preset workout programs. It can also wirelessly monitor your heart rate. The LCD screen shows pulse, exercise time, distance, strokes per minute, total count and calories burned. A power cord (included) is required to run the console.
The Avari Programmable Magnetic Rower’s dimensions are 80” long x 20” wide x 25” high, making it medium sized for a rowing machine. It can be folded for storage with the beam being moved to a vertical position. Is it the best rowing machine for your workout room? Here are some considerations.
The Avari Programmable Magnetic gets very satisfied reviews from people seeking lower-priced fitness equipment. It wouldn’t be mistaken for a commercial rowing machine, but it has some nice features.
- Assembly: Assembling this product is hassle-free and takes just about 30 minutes.
- LCD Monitor: The Avari lets you choose from eight built-in training programs, which include a target heart rate program. You can also save routines that you design by selecting resistance levels for a series of intervals. A drawback of this monitor though is its backlighting, which is weak. A lamp would be needed to see the display at night.
- Quiet & Powerful Resistance: Rowing machines are quiet in general, but those with magnetic resistance are virtually silent. The resistance on the Avari Programmable Magnetic Rower is controlled electronically and can challenge a wide range of ability levels. For strength it’s best for beginners to intermediate level trainees, and all skill levels can get great cardio exercise.
- Convenient Controls: Adjusting workouts is easy even when you’re in the middle of exercise. The Avari Programmable Magnetic rower has resistance controls built into the handlebars as well as the console.
- Strong Frame: This Avari rowing frame is built from sturdy aluminum. It’s under warranty for five years.
- Heart Rate Monitor: A complete wireless heart rate monitoring system is included. With most other rowing machines the chest strap is sold separately. This is a $49 to $99 value.
- Non-Slip Pedals: This rower has oversized pedals to promote comfort. They have Velcro straps for safety.
- Easy to Store/Move: The Avari Programmable Magnetic Rower is nearly 7’ long, but it can easily be folded for storage. Its folded dimensions are 36″ long x 20″ wide x 53.5″ tall. Attached wheels make it easy to move into place.
It’s not all wine and roses. Here are some potential drawbacks of choosing the Avari rower.
- Lighting: The Avari Programmable Magnetic Rower’s monitor is poorly backlit. This isn’t a big deal, but you’ll probably want to have a lamp near the machine when rowing at night.
- Uncomfortable Seat: The molded seat has ridges that some riders find uncomfortable. Gel-filled seat covers are sold online.
- Weight Capacity: The maximum weight capacity is 275. Most other rowing machines support at least 300 pounds, and WaterRowers (the absolute best rowing machines) can hold 1000 pounds or more without rocking.
- Warranty: The aluminum frame is covered for five years, but the warranty for the Avari Programmable Magnetic provides free parts and labor for just 90 days. We would be nervous buying something for $999 if we had no recourse after 90 days; replacing the monitor or another part could be expensive.
- Quality Control: Most customers are pleased with this product, but in about 5% of reviews the people write because their machines never worked properly.
The Avari Programmable Magnetic Rower has a poor warranty, yet the product has a strong following of customers who swear that it endures. It is a top choice for people looking to spend $999 or less on a rower with preset workouts.
Avari Programmable Magnetic Rower Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||275 LBS|