The Diamondback 910R is a foldable row machine for low-impact exercise at all skill levels. It uses calibrated magnetic resistance and unlimited air resistance, so the potential force is unlimited! The 910R computer monitor helps you train effectively with diverse workout program plus a race-the-computer feature and a fitness test. This total-body trainer is a competitive value at $1,099. The factory price includes shipping and a three-year warranty on parts and electronics.
The Diamondback 910R Rower is the sole row machine by Diamondback Fitness, a brand best known for home exercise bikes. This $1,099 trainer has been on the market several years and proven its durability. It features a foldable powder-coated steel frame; an extruded aluminum glide rail; hybrid resistance to train all skill levels; and a computerized workout menu with 19 selections. The adjustability makes the 910R appropriate for everything from gentle rehabilitative exercise to very strenuous workouts, and the machine can support up to 300 pounds.
Resistance on the 910R Rower comes from two sources: magnetism and air. This means that at lower intensity levels, the row machine will work very quietly. When you generate additional resistance from the air system, you’ll exercise with the hum of a typical room fan.
As for workout routines and other training, you can use the Diamondback rower in manual mode or choose from preset programs focused on specific goals. You can also race against the computer at different challenge levels, and the 910R can assess your progress with a fitness test too.
The monitor shows multiple data points simultaneously, such as strokes per minute and calorie burn. With a wireless heart rate monitor (sold separately) it can give a constant heart rate readout as well.
The Diamondback 910R Rower sale price is $1,099 including delivery. Also included is lifetime limited protection for the frame and three years for parts and electronics.
- Quick Assembly: The 910R row machine arrives mostly assembled, and tools and instructions are provided.
- High Quality Frame: Steel and aluminum team up to form a sturdy frame and glide rail. The steel support frame is powder coated for durability, and the aluminum rail is anodized (coated) to keep a factory-fresh shine for years.
- All-Levels Resistance: Diamondback’s hybrid resistance system uses magnetics and a fan. With a choice of magnetic resistance and air resistance, you can train at any skill level and intensity.
- Workout Programs and Data: Many row machines lack on-board programming, but the 910R provides 19 exercise programs including race workouts and a fitness test. Workout feedback includes total strokes, strokes per minute, time per 500 meters, total meters, calories and pulse.
- Adjustable Console: To suit users of different heights the computer monitor has adjustable angle.
- Folds for Storage: This cross-trainer folds and has wheels for easy storage.
- Good Warranty: Buyer protection includes a lifetime limited warranty on the frame and three years on the parts and electronics. It’s a fair deal for the row machine’s $1,099 sale price.
- No Data Transfer: The 910R doesn’t sync with mobile apps or have a USB port for sharing your workout stats.
- Not Connected: Unlike hybrid rowers by the brand Concept2, which have similar pricing, the Diamondback can’t digitally connect with others for online races.
- Wireless Monitor Costs Extra: Diamondback fitness machines work with wireless heart rate monitors, but the compatible chest straps are sold separately.
- Weight Limit 300 Pounds: This row machine can safely support almost anyone, as the weight limit is 300 pounds. Still, many rowers from other brands can support more weight. They might have higher quality components overall
The Diamondback 910R Rower is a solid value at $1,099 with delivery included. It’s designed for almost anyone’s fitness level, it folds to respect your living space, and it’s loaded with useful training programs. We also appreciate its fair warranty.
One hesitation is that the Model E by competitor Concept2 doesn’t cost much more than the 910R, but has a longer standard warranty and special features. For example, with the Model E you can race against other rowers online. We recommend checking out this top-ranked model before choosing the Diamondback or another in its price class.
Diamondback 910R Rower Specifications:
|Resistance:||Air and magnetic resistance|
|Monitor:||Integrated rowing display|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|