The E316 Evolution has a basic computer monitor, a USB port for advanced workout options, and a wireless pulse receiver. It’s designed to hold up well in a busy household or commercial workout center.
The E316 Evolution Fluid Rower is a commercial indoor rower from First Degree Fitness. It accurately emulates the feel of natural water resistance and provides 16 tension levels to suit virtually every trainee.
The E316 Evolution is a metal-framed water rower with preset variable resistance. It is the simplest rowing machine in the First Degree Fitness Evolution Series, having replaced the E216, yet it’s robust enough for commercial fitness centers. This rower is very low maintenance and is designed for longevity. Rowing machines from this brand have quiet belt drives and require little day-to-day maintenance.
This Evolution rower lets riders choose from 16 resistance settings, with the range being challenging for beginners and intermediate rowers. (The E520 offers more challenge for elite athletes.) Its computer monitor has a pacer and shows session feedback, plus it can interact with an external computer via its USB port. This lets trainees use the rower with First Degree Fitness apps for preset workouts, virtual boat races, and apps that make it easier to enjoy multimedia entertainment while rowing.
The E316 rower is available with a traditional rowing seat and with extra back support. The base price is $2299.
- Commercial Strength: The E316 Evolution is designed to handle intense daily training and is sold with an international commercial warranty.
- Water Resistance: Water resistance rowing machines are the type preferred by many competitive rowers for indoor training. The machines from First Degree Fitness are unique for having a two-chambered water flywheel system, which enables preset resistance levels. The E316 Evolution provides 16 levels of fluid resistance.
- Data and Entertainment: The Interactive Performance Monitor is used on all First Degree Fitness rowers. It displays a helpful pacing tool and shows elapsed time, speed, distance, stroke rate, calories per hour, watts and the resistance level. It can also show heart rate if used with a compatible chest strap. Six workouts are saved for comparison and quick starts. For more advanced technology, the trainee can attach a tablet computer or other device to the USB port. This enables data exporting and also lets the machine interact with First Degree Fitness apps.
- Heart Rate Monitor: The E316 rower has a wireless heart rate receiver. Chest straps are sold separately.
- Comfortable Seating: The rower seat is set at office chair height (20″) and is available with lumbar support.
- Easy to Move: This model has attached wheels that make the machine easy to move.
- High Capacity: The maximum user weight capacity is 330 pounds.
- Good Warranty: The E316 Evolution Fluid Rower is backed by a 10-year frame warranty and a three-year warranty for the water tank and seals. The monitor and wear parts are under warranty for two years.
- Price: Selling for more than $2,000, this is among the more expensive rowing machines on the market.
- Larger Size: Compared with the more expensive E520 Evolution, the E316 has a large frame. It is about 85″ long and 32″ wide.
The E316 Evolution Fluid Rower is a durable water rower offering ample challenge for most trainees. It is a good alternative when the extra power and weight capacity of the E520 aren’t required. This model feels good to use, has a helpful computer with wireless pulse monitoring, and can be used with First Degree Fitness mobile apps.
First Degree Fitness E316 Evolution Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||330 LBS|