The E620 Seated UBE has simple built-in electronics, a USB port for advanced tracking and workout app integration, and a wireless pulse receiver.
The E620 Seated UBE is the smallest and lowest priced of four Evolution upper body ergometers from First Degree Fitness (FDF). It’s robust enough for commercial use but is also FDF’s top ergometer for home gyms. Like all upper body ergometers, the E620 has seating designed for the comfort of wheelchair users. Trainees can arm pedal in two directions, and there are 20 levels of water resistance to choose from.
The Evolution E620 Seated UBE offers wonderfully effective low-impact exercise for the upper body. Just like the traditional water rowers from First Degree Fitness, the E620 uses smooth resistance with a wide range of preset levels. Trainees can choose from 20 challenge levels and make adjustments with a foot pedal or the computer monitor. Power controls can move the bench vertically, with height adjustments supporting different types of workouts. The lower settings focus on the core body, and higher settings focus on the chest, arms and back.
FDF uses the same computer monitor on all its ergometers. Called the Interactive Performance Monitor, it features a helpful pacer and shows time, speed, distance, RPM, calories per hour, watts and level. Additionally the Evolution E620 has a USB port. The USB port lets trainees use the ergometer with First Degree Fitness apps for workout guidance, virtual boat races and audiovisual entertainment.
Durability is assured with high quality components such as stainless steel rowing blades, a polycarbonate tank and a metal frame under 10-year warranty. The E620 ergometer typically sells for about $2,299.
- Commercial Strength: The E620 UBE could easily serve a household for many years. It has a commercial warranty and is well engineered.
- Water Resistance: Water resistance provides very smooth training, and First Degree Fitness ergometers are especially non-jarring to the body. This fitness brand is unique for offering water resistance in preset levels instead of responding to user effort. The E620 UBE provides 20 levels of fluid resistance. The range is appropriate for everything from gentle rehab to intense cardio and muscle training.
- Dual Direction: The arm paddles can rotate toward the body or away from the body, letting people isolate different muscles. Additionally, there are power-assisted height controls to support different workouts. A lower height setting concentrates the workout on core muscles. A higher setting focuses on chest, traps, biceps and triceps.
- Data and Entertainment: The Interactive Performance Monitor is one of the better systems available with ergometers. It displays a helpful pacer and shows elapsed time, speed, distance, RPM, calories per hour, watts and the resistance level. It can also show heart rate. (The chest strap for wireless readings is sold separately.) Six workouts are automatically saved. For more advanced tech, the trainee can attach a computer to the USB port and use First Degree Fitness apps. One of the most popular apps lets riders connect for virtual races.
- Heart Rate Monitor: The E620 Seated UBE has a wireless heart rate receiver. Chest straps are sold separately.
- Cushioned Seating: This fitness machine’s height is set at office chair height, 20″. The bench is cushioned and the E620’s frame has a step-through design for easy access by rehab patients. (The E820, in contrast, has a movable seat with back support.)
- Easy to Move: This model has built-in transportation wheels.
- High Capacity: The maximum user weight capacity is 330 pounds (150 kilograms).
- Good Warranty: The E620 UBE is backed by a 10-year frame warranty and a three-year warranty for the water tank and seals. The computer and wear parts are under warranty for two years. Since the warranty assumes daily use in commercial gym classes, this product is expected to far outlast its parts warranty if only used at home.
- Price: Selling for more than $2,000, this unique fitness machine is among the more expensive options for home gyms. It is priced for what it is, a commercial model.
- No Back Support: Lumbar support is not included on the E620. It’s provided on the upgrade, the E820.
The E620 Seated UBE is a top quality upper body trainer. This fitness machine has smooth motion, a helpful pacer and wireless pulse monitoring, and a USB port for integration with First Degree Fitness mobile apps. It’s highly recommended to those who don’t need back support during workouts.
First Degree Fitness E620 Seated UBE Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||330 LBS|