The Fluid E720 Cycle XT - MDD is a medically approved fitness machine with plenty of possibility. This versatile trainer can be used for separate upper body or lower body training, and its variable water resistance system has 20 challenge levels to hone any trainee’s skills. The Fluid E720 has a pacer, preset workouts and a USB port for integrating First Degree Fitness exercise and entertainment apps.
The Fluid E720 Cycle XT – MDD meets medical device standards set by the European Union. This commercial fitness machine uses water resistance for full body training. It is both a recumbent bike and an upper body ergometer; the pedals move for use by the legs or arms. This efficient and space-saving hybrid can exercise all major muscle groups and tone the cardiovascular system.
To assist people with limited mobility, the seat on the Fluid E720 swivels and is set at typical chair height (rather than low to the ground).
The Fluid E720 Cycle XT – MDD has 20 resistance levels, which is the widest span available from First Degree Fitness. Options range from very light resistance to Olympian-level force. Adjustments can be made automatically with workout programs, and the manual controls are easy to reach in the middle of workouts.
Time, distance, RPM and other data are shown on the Interactive Performance Monitor. (This computer system is used on all ergometers from First Degree Fitness.) Besides tracking session data, it provides interval training workouts and has manual programs. Virtual races and other features — including a workout data overlay for Netflix and other videos — are available with apps from First Degree Fitness. These apps are integrated through the E720’s USB port.
This purchase is delivered with a very inclusive commercial warranty, which is valid internationally. New owners get 10 years of frame protection, three years of coverage for the water tank, two years of free mechanical parts replacement, and one year of coverage for wear parts.
- Compact Size: This two-in-one fitness machine has a 48” x 37” footprint, which is very compact compared with traditional recumbent bikes.
- Full Body Training: This hybrid unit can help a trainee get impressive results. Whether it’s used for the upper body or the lower body, it can be pedaled in two directions. People can also isolate different muscles by using the pedals at different heights.
- Water Resistance: Water resistance is a top choice when low impact (non-jarring) exercise is desired. The Fluid E720 lets riders choose from 20 resistance levels. At the highest level, approximately 8 liters or two gallons of water fill the wheel. This resistance system is very low maintenance too. If treated with chlorine, and kept out of direct sunlight, the water in a First Degree Fitness tank can remain clear for several years. If kept in sunlight, which encourages algae growth, the water will still stay clear for about 8 to 12 months.
- Data and Entertainment: The on-board computer displays a pacer and shows elapsed time, speed, distance, RPM, calories per hour, watts and resistance level. It can also show heart rate if a chest strap is used. Programming is included for interval training and to support manually set goals. The USB port offers special options; by connecting a computer, a trainee can use First Degree Fitness apps that support virtual racing, display workout data over movies and other video, and otherwise enhance the exercise experience.
- Heart Rate Monitor: The E720 Cycle XT – MDD has a wireless heart rate receiver. Chest straps are sold separately.
- High Capacity: The maximum user weight capacity is 330 pounds (150 kg).
- Good Warranty: The Fluid E720 Cycle XT – MDD has an international commercial warranty. This includes 10 years of protection for the frame, three years for the water tank, two years for main parts and one year for wear parts such as footstraps.
- Price: This medically-approved hybrid trainer is more expensive than a typical recumbent bike or upper body trainer.
The Fluid E720 Cycle XT – MDD by First Degree Fitness is a unique hybrid trainer. In a compact space it can separately train the upper body and lower body. This machine’s medical approval, impressive durability and low maintenance requirements help make it a top recommendation for rehab clinics.
First Degree Fitness Fluid E720 Cycle XT – MDD Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||330 LBS|