The First Degree Fitness Evolution E720 Cycle XT is a versatile trainer made to suit most gym-goers. It can be used for upper body training or lower body training, and its water resistance system offers 20 challenge levels for everything from gentle rehabilitation to intense cardiovascular training. The E720 Cycle XT has preset workouts and a USB port for extra workout support and entertainment.
The compact Evolution E720 Cycle XT is a commercial grade fitness machine that uses water resistance for full body training. It is both a recumbent bike and an upper body ergometer; the same pedals can be used by the arms or legs, and a trainee can either sit or stand. The pedals on the E720 move in two directions too. This highly effective hybrid trainer can exercise all major muscle groups while also toning the cardiovascular system.
The E720 Cycle XT features the widest span of variable water resistance available from First Degree Fitness. Riders choose from 20 tension levels, which range from very light to Olympic-level. Adjustments can be made manually and can also be controlled by workout programs.
For ease of access the Evolution E720 Cycle XT has a swiveling chair set at 21”. The chair is comfortable according to customer reviews; the cushioning and lumbar support help people train for longer than they’d expect.
Time, distance, RPMs and other data are tracked with the Interactive Performance Monitor. This computer also provides interval training workouts, manual programs and six quick starts. Virtual races and other advanced features are available with apps from First Degree Fitness. The apps get integrated via the E720’s USB port.
This purchase is under commercial warranty. New owners get 10 years of frame protection, three years for the water tank, two years for mechanical parts and one year for wear parts.
- Commercial Strength: The E720 Cycle XT is built for professional workout facilities. It has a commercial warranty that includes two years of free parts replacement.
- Compact Size: This two-in-one fitness machine demands little space. Its footprint measures 48” x 37”.
- Water Resistance: Water resistance is a top choice when non-jarring exercise is desired. The E720 has pedals that rotate a full 360 degrees without catching, and people choose from 20 resistance levels. At low levels there is little water in the chamber. At the highest level, a trainee works against approximately 8 liters or two gallons.
- Low Maintenance: Water tanks for fitness machines are low maintenance. If kept out of direct sunlight, and treated with chlorine, the water in a First Degree Fitness tank can stay clear for several years. If exposed to sunlight regularly, the water may develop algae within 8 to 12 months.
- Full Body Training: This hybrid fitness machine can help a trainee get impressive results. Whether it’s used for the upper body or the lower body, it can be used in two directions to recruit virtually every major muscle. People can also isolate different muscles by using the pedals at different heights.
- Data and Entertainment: The on-board computer, called the Interactive Performance Monitor, displays a pacer and shows elapsed time, speed, distance, RPM, calories per hour, watts and resistance level. It can also show heart rate if the trainee wears a wireless chest strap. Preset programs are included for interval training and manually set goals, and six consecutive workouts are saved for quick starts and comparisons. The USB port offers advanced options; by connecting their own computer, a trainee can use apps that First Degree Fitness developed for preset workouts, races, data tracking and entertainment.
- Heart Rate Monitor: The E720 Cycle XT has a wireless heart rate receiver. Chest straps are sold separately.
- High Capacity: The maximum user weight capacity is 330 pounds (150 kg).
- Good Warranty: The Evolution E720 Cycle XT is backed by a 10-year frame warranty and a three-year warranty for the water tank and seals. The computer and main parts are under warranty for two years. Wear parts are covered for one year.
- Price: Selling for more than $3000, this hybrid trainer is more expensive than a typical recumbent bike or upper body ergometer.
The Evolution E720 Cycle XT by First Degree Fitness is unique for providing water resistance separately to the upper body and lower body. Its versatility in terms of function and strength makes this popular with gym members, and its low maintenance design is favored by managers. The E720 is a good choice when space is limited and a budget allows for high quality.
First Degree Fitness E720 Cycle XT Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||330 LBS|