The E920 Medical UBE - MDD offers 20 levels of water resistance. Exercise guidance is provided with a wireless heart rate monitor, interval training programs and other preset workouts. A USB port lets riders use First Degree Fitness apps with the rower too.
The Evolution E920 Medical UBE - MDD with wheelchair ramp is the top medically-approved upper body trainer from First Degree Fitness. This upper body ergometer (UBE) has a no-slip access ramp and a removable chair. It can be used while seated or standing.
First Degree Fitness sells three upper body ergometers (UBEs) that meet the Medical Devices Directive. This means that the products are certified to meet the European Union’s standards for medical equipment. The Evolution Medical UBE collection is similar to the standard Evolution collection, but the products are enhanced and clinically tested. This collection is also distinguished with a pearl white finish.
The Evolution E920 Medical UBE – MDD is a commercial grade water ergometer with a removable chair and a wheelchair ramp. Trainees can exercise while seated or standing. The chair has adjustable height too, which is useful for isolating different muscle groups. At higher levels there’s more focus on the arms and shoulders, and at lower levels there’s more focus on the core. The pedals can move in two directions.
Resistance controls are conveniently placed right next to the user, so it’s easy to adjust the tension at any time during a workout. There are 20 levels to choose from, and they suit everything from rehabilitation to intense athletic training.
The E920 Medical UBE – MDD has a helpful computer monitor. It has a pacer and a wireless heart rate receiver. Data fields include pulse, elapsed time, speed, distance, RPM, calories per hour, watts and resistance level. Additional programming comes through the USB port: By connecting a computer, trainees can access First Degree Fitness apps for racing, guided workouts, entertainment and workout data tracking.
The Medical UBE’s warranty includes 10 years of protection for the frame, three years for the water tank, two years for mechanical parts and one year for wear parts.
- Commercial Strength: The E920 Medical UBE – MDD is the top upper body ergometer in its series. It has a generous commercial warranty that covers everything from the footstraps to the drive chains and computer monitor.
- Wheelchair Access & Movable Seating: Seating for the Evolution E920 MDD looks much like an office chair in terms of height and back support. It is contoured and has a “soft touch” design. The chair can be adjusted to five positions and moves backward and forward. It can be removed to let a person stand up or use their wheelchair instead. The wheelchair ramp has a non-slip surface and is lined with yellow paint, making the machine’s edges easy to see peripherally.
- Water Resistance: Water resistance operates very smoothly to support low-impact workouts. It is also very low maintenance. The E920 Medical UBE – MDD has 20 resistance settings to meet the needs of any trainee. The amount of water in the flywheel can easily be adjusted during workouts.
- Dual Direction: The arm paddles on this machine can be rotated forward or backward for workout variety.
- Data and Entertainment: The Interactive Performance Monitor is used on all UBEs by First Degree Fitness. It displays a pacer and shows workout time, speed, distance, RPMs, calories burned per hour, watts and resistance. It can also show wireless heart rate data. (Chest straps are sold separately.) Six consecutive workouts are saved automatically and can be used for “quick start” exercise sessions. The USB port lets people connect First Degree Fitness apps for online racing, data tracking and other benefits.
- High Capacity: The maximum user weight capacity is about 400 pounds (180 kg).
- Compact Footprint: This unit has a 71″ X 39″ footprint.
- Good Warranty: The Evolution E920 UBE – MDD is backed by a 10-year frame warranty, a three-year water tank warranty, a two-year parts warranty and a one-year wear parts warranty.
- Price: The price of this model is provided privately through distributors. This is one of the most expensive ergometers in the industry.
The E920 Medical UBE – MDD is among the few water resistance ergometers made for wheelchair users. It is a top choice for medical settings, but it’s much too expensive for private use; for home gyms, the standard Evolution E920 Medical (without the MDD certificate) is probably more than adequate.
First Degree Fitness E920 Medical UBE – MDD Specifications:
|Monitor:||Interactive Performance Monitor|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|