The red and black Newport Challenge AR is a $1299 home rower with adjustable water resistance. Made by First Degree Fitness, this durable ride accurately simulates the outdoor rowing experien. It comfortably supports a full stroke cycle, and provides the soothing sound of splashing water. Like other rowers in the First Degree Fitness Horizontal Series, the Newport Challenge AR has transport wheels and is designed for easy storage.
The Newport Challenge AR is a shiny red indoor rower offering a smooth exercise experience that feels like you are actually rowing on water. It is part of the First Degree Fitness Horizontal Series, which specializes full-sized indoor water rowers designed for compact storage.
The Newport Challenge AR offers the rare combination of beauty and function, combining an attractive metal frame, variable water resistance, and advanced session feedback. It is well made and carries a competitive warranty.
A key selling point of virtually any water rowing machine is its smooth and realistic stroke. With the Horizontal Series from First Degree Fitness, trainees can set their preferred resistance levels with a dial. For the Newport Challenge AR, interval training workouts are preset on the computer monitor too. The feedback shown includes time, distance, 500M split time, strokes per minute, calories per hour, watts, interva,l and heart rate. This machines measures just under 78” long x 21” wide when unfolded and can hold up to 330 pounds.
- Variable Water Resistance: Many competitive rowers prefer water rowing machines over other indoor alternatives. Indoor water rowers not only support a smooth stroke cycle, but also add the ambiance of a satisfying splashing water. The resistance level can be adjusted with a dial on the water flywheel. The resistance settings range from a light challenge for beginners to powerful settings designed for top athletes.
- Cushioned Seat: The Newport Challenge AR’s sliding seat runs on higher quality bearings for a smooth ride.
- Adjustable Footplates: The footplates have adjustable height to help most riders find an ideal fit.
- Data: The data monitor provides heart rate feedback if used with a chest strap. Also displayed are time, distance, 500M split time, strokes per minute, calories per hour and watts.
- USB Port: A USB port syncs this rower with fitness apps. One popular option puts trainees in a 3D virtual reality environment for solo training or racing against other connected riders.
- Quiet Operation: This brand’s water rowers make audible splashes, but operate rather quietly. They use strong belts that require little day-to-day maintenance.
- Easy to Store: This rowing machine can easily fold vertically for storage. Its stored dimensions are approximately 22” wide, 21” wide and 78” tall.
- High Capacity: The Newport Challenge AR has a maximum user weight capacity of 330 pounds.
- Good Warranty: The competitive home warranty provides five years of protection for the frame, three years for the tank and non-wearing mechanical parts, and one for wear parts.
- Slow Response: The adjustable water tank requires a bit of time to adapt to new settings.
- Bungee: The Newport Challenge is low maintenance but its handlebar bungee occasionally requires tightening. This process is outlined in the owner’s manual.
The Newport Challenge AR Rower is an attractive, top-rated, and reliable rower for home gyms. It will stand up to the needs of most households and holds enough programming to encourage follow-through with fitness plans. Highly recommended for beginners at athletes alive.
First Degree Fitness Newport Challenge AR Rower Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||330 LBS|