The Viking 2 AR Rower is a classic wooden rowing machine from First Degree Fitness. This eye-catching $1599 model is meant for light commercial or home use and can easily be stored upright. Like other indoor rowers from First Degree Fitness, the Viking 2 AR is distinguished by its patented water tank with adjustable resistance. Other key features include steel rails, an ergonomic handle and a performance monitor with USB port.
The First Degree Fitness Viking 2 AR Rower is built to complement home gyms and light commercial centers. Its frame is a hybrid of sturdy ash hardwood and dual steel rails, and its water resistance system is easily adjusted with a dial mid-workout. This water rower is low maintenance and is under warranty for up to 25 hours/week of use.
A main selling point is the smooth, complete stroke cycle that this particular model provides. Additionally this rower provides guidance with the standard First Degree fitness computer monitor, which shows time, distance, strokes per minute, pulse, interval training and more. It also has a USB port for expanded functionality; connected to a PC, the Viking 2 Rower can be used with fitness apps that support training, online racing and video entertainment.
This rower measures approximately 84” long x 22” wide and has a maximum user weight capacity of 330 pounds.
- Variable Water Resistance: Many rowing enthusiasts prefer water rowers over the other indoor rower alternatives. Water resistance rowers can not only support a smooth stroke cycle, but also bring the sight and sound of splashing water for a more complete sensory experience. On the Viking 2 AR Rower the resistance level can be adjusted with a dial. At the highest level about 4.5 gallons (17 liters) fill the tank. The resistance possibilities range from very light to very powerful.
- Higher Seat: The Viking 2 AR’s sliding seat is at office chair height (21”) for easy entry and exit.
- Adjustable Footplates: The footplates are adjustable with six sizes to choose from.
- Data and Workout Apps: An LCD monitor shows time, distance, 500 meter split time, strokes per minute, calories per hour, watts, interval training and heart rate. (A wireless chest strap is sold separately.) The USB port expands the options by letting a person use apps for rowing races and rowing workout programs, or showing workout data and video on the same screen.
- Wireless Heart Rate: The Viking 2 AR is equipped to work with a Polar-compatible heart rate transmitter.
- Hardwood: The wooden frames for Viking rowers are made from sustainably sourced American ash. The lacquered hardwood can add a warmer look to a workout room compared with all-metal alternatives.
- Easy to Store: This rowing machine can easily be turned upright for storage, then measuring just 22” wide x 21” deep. It is 84” long.
- High Capacity: The First Degree Fitness Viking 2 AR has a maximum user weight capacity of 330 pounds.
- Good Warranty: Competitive warranties are included for home use and light commercial use. Light commercial use if for up to 25 hours/week. For heavier duty First Degree Fitness makes the Viking PRO.
- Slow Response: When a rider sets a new water resistance level, it doesn’t take effect until another 10 strokes have been taken. With other resistance systems the change is instantaneous.
- Bungee: The Viking 2 is low maintenance overall, but its bungee might sometimes need tightening by the owner. This process is outlined in the owner’s manual.
The quiet and low maintenance Viking 2 AR Rower is recommended for families and for light commercial fitness centers. It’s ready to support whole body workouts for up to 25 hours/week, and the data monitor provides a good deal of guidance and feedback. The Viking 2’s USB port for expanded functionality helps make workouts engaging and encourages regular use.
First Degree Fitness Viking 2 AR Rower Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||330 LBS|