The Viking PRO Fluid Rower is a low maintenance rowing machine designed for health club use. Part of the First Degree Fitness Horizontal Series, it a has horizontally-mounted tank for easy upright storage. Key features are an American ashwood frame, a wide range of variable water resistance and a workout computer with USB port.
The Viking PRO Fluid Rower is a hardier version of the Apollo PRO. It combines a hardwood frame, a water drive and steel rails to simulate a smooth and realistic on-the-water experience. Its water tank with Min/Max dial provides up to 4.5 gallons of gently splashing resistance, enough to train anyone from the beginner to the competitive rower. The Viking PRO’s American ash frame is reinforced with pressure-treated laminate to help it withstand commercial use.
An advantage of using a water rower is its realistic stroke feel. Unlike many other rowing machines, those with water resistance invariably let the trainee enjoy a complete stroke cycle without any “dead spots” in which resistance would change unnaturally. Additionally water rowers provide the sight and sound of moving water, which many riders find soothing.
Data such as heart rate, time per 500 meters and stroke count are shown on the Viking PRO’s unobtrusive monitor. Interval training and basic preset workouts are supported, plus the monitor has a USB port for integrating apps by First Degree Fitness. These expand the workout programming and also let the rider see workout feedback as they watch video.
The Viking PRO Fluid Rower has a footprint of 84” x 22”, which is medium sized for a water rower, and can be stored upright. As part of its commercial warranty package, this model has all its mechanical parts guaranteed for two years.
- Well Made in the USA: First Degree Fitness is based in Vermont and builds its rowing machines domestically with superior quality control. The Viking PRO rower is constructed from sustainably harvested American ash and features heavy steel rails.
- Variable Water Resistance: The Viking PRO provides variable water resistance. Its tank can draw from up to 17 liters, with the rider adjusting a dial to control the water volume.
- Chair-Level Seat: The Viking PRO’s seat is at office chair height, 21”. This is optimal for health clubs because it accommodates the widest range of trainees, including those with certain limitations on movement.
- Easy to Store: The Viking PRO rower is part of the Horizontal Series. Unlike the some other indoor rowers from First Degree Fitness, it is designed for easy storage. The tank is mounted horizontally and transport wheels are affixed to the frame.
- Data and Workout Apps: The computer monitor for the Horizontal Series shows time, distance, 500 meter split time, strokes per minute, calories per hour, watts, interval and pulse. A USB port support expanded functionality, such as used with a racing app. Another option will layer workout data over video.
- Wireless Heart Rate: The Viking PRO Fluid Rower has a wireless heart rate receiver for use with Polar compatible chest straps.
- Good Warranty: The full commercial warranty provides five years of protection for the frame, three for the tank, two for mechanical parts and one for wear parts.
- Belt Drive: The Viking PRO Fluid Rower uses a belt drive. This promotes quiet operation and is requires little regular maintenance, but it might not be as durable as a chain drive in the long run.
The Viking PRO Fluid Rower is a top wooden water rower for commercial settings. We recommend this model to health clubs seeking a low-maintenance model with the benefits of variable water resistance.
First Degree Fitness Viking PRO Fluid Rower Specifications: