Make a splash while rowing indoors! Equipped with a HydroPower resistance system, the H2O Fitness RX-750 Home Series Rower replicates the feel and sound of outdoor rowing. This fitness machine can be made compact for storage, yet it’s sized to fit any family member. The RX-750 provides session data and has a wireless heart rate receiver.
H2O Fitness (run by Health Care International Fitness) is one of the few rowing machine brands that uses actual water tanks for resistance. There’s no better way to replicate the feel and sound of outdoor rowing! Their Hydro-Power Drive System provides a smooth and relaxing “on the water” rowing experience.
Resistance on water rowing machines is tied to the user’s efforts. The harder and faster you row, the more powerfully the rowing machine responds. In contrast, rowing machines that use an alternative form of resistance (such as magnetism or hydraulics) require you to make tension adjustments with buttons or knobs.
The two rowing machines currently made by H2O are the RX-750 for home use and the RX-950 for commercial use. H2O rowing machines aren’t as durable or as challenging as those made by WaterRower or First Degree Fitness, but they aren’t as expensive either. Their resistance is variable from 2.5 to 4.5 gallons and is relatively moderate at its greatest intensity.
The RX-750 in this review is a good option for a beginner or an intermediate rower looking to spend less on a rowing machine with water resistance. The unit is 78” long and can be folded for storage. It can hold up to 350 pounds and has a two-year parts warranty.
Here are some reasons people choose the RX-750.
- Water Resistance: This unit very accurately emulates the dynamics of outdoor rowing. You adjust the intensity of your workouts with “natural adaptive resistance” by speeding up or slowing down your activity. There are no buttons to press or knobs to adjust, unlike with rowing machines that use other forms of resistance. Plus, there’s a satisfying splashing sound with each stroke!
- Price: Priced under $800, the RX-750 is a pretty good deal considering it’s a water rower with a three-year parts warranty.
- Height: At 20” tall, the rower is a comfortable access height even for people with limited mobility.
- Comfortable Grip: The handgrip is designed to support a comfortable workout.
- Footrests: Footrests on this rower pivot to support healthy motion. They are large enough to accommodate just about any shoe size.
- Data: A workout monitor shows Exercise Time, Distance, 500M Split Time, Strokes/Min, Calories and Heart Rate.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: To help you exercise at the best exertion level, the RX-750 has a wireless heart rate receiver. Compatible chest straps are sold separately.
- Size: The H2O RX-750 is full length to fit family members of all heights. It measures 78” long and is 22” wide, which is an average size for a home rowing machine. To make the unit compact for storage, you can easily fold the rails upright.
- Warranty: The H2O Fitness rower warranty is competitive. Buyers get a lifetime guarantee for the frame, three years for the mechanical parts and two years for wear parts.
Why doesn’t everyone choose this rower? Here are some potential disadvantages.
- Power: The RX-750 Home Series Rower isn’t as challenging as some people would like. Anybody can get a good cardio workout but the tension isn’t strong enough for everyone’s preferences. WaterRower rowing machines are a better choice for people with more upper-body strength.
- Few Programs: H2O Fitness rowing machines provide limited workout guidance. You can set the machine to reach a set number of calories or strokes. Other rowing machines have a wide variety of preset workouts and let riders save custom programs.
- Bungee System: Resistance is delivered with a bungee cord system. Some customers have reported broken cords but the problem doesn’t seem to be very common. The cord is under warranty for two years, not three; it is considered a wear part.
- Not Backlit: The data monitor isn’t backlit, so without a lamp it is difficult to use at night.
The H2O Fitness RX-750 Home Series Rower is a good entry-level rowing machine for people seeking water resistance. It isn’t as durable or as challenging as a WaterRower, but it’s a more affordable alternative that satisfies many customers. The RX-750 supports smooth motion and gives riders a remarkably realistic rowing experience.
H2O Fitness RX-750 Home Series Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||550 LBS|