The Kettler Coach E Rower is the most exclusive residential rowing machine in Kettler’s current lineup. It is engineered to be challenging yet comfortable to use. Some highlights are a steel frame, a wide range of electromagnetic resistance, an accurate wireless heart rate monitor, and 12 preset programs. A special feature is the Coach E’s set of attachments that supports 16 exercises in addition to rowing.
The Coach E Rower by Kettler is a class act. Kettler isn’t so well-known in North America but it earns enthusiastic customer reviews. Made in Germany with excellent quality control, the Kettler Coach E Rower features a sturdy powder coated steel frame and a frictionless magnetic Kettler Induktions Brake System™. Its resistance range is ideal for challenging a wide range of trainees, from beginners through advanced rowers.
Programming for this luxury rowing machine is provided on a reliable Siemens LCD high resolution computer display with 12 preset workouts. These workouts target distance goals, calorie burn, heart rate and more. A complete wireless heart rate monitoring system is provided to work with the HRC programs.
A unique feature here is the additional exercise support: The Kettler Coach E is sold with a Quick Attach backboard and a front footplate. These attachments support 16 different exercises!
This rower measures 80″ L x 20″ W x 26″ H. If it takes up too much room, you can roll it out of the way with help from the attached casters. Does it sound right for your home workout room? Here are some factors to consider.
Here are some pros and cons to take into account.
- Monitor: The high quality SIEMENS® electronic LCD high resolution computer display is easy to read and well-calibrated. (With cheaper rowing machines, riders often complain that the calorie count, stroke count and other data are inaccurate.) It displays Time, Distance, Energy, Strokes, Pulse Rate, and Frequency. A scan function lets you keep a particular field most prominently displayed. There are 12 programs, including two with heart rate control. Progress is shown with a 450 dot matrix graphic.
- HRC: The two HRC or heart rate control programs automatically adjust the Kettler Coach E’s resistance. This helps you maintain your target heart rate during exercise. Unlike cheaper rowers, this model arrives with a Polar chest strap heart rate monitor. Customers report that the heart rate monitor is accurate too. That’s not always the case with fitness machine monitoring systems.
- Cardio Wellness Feature: The computer has a recovery feature that measures your heart rate change after exercise. It provides a score using a cardio wellness grading index of 1 to 6 to help you track improvement.
- Smooth Resistance: The KETTLER Induktions Brake System™ helps make the Coach E a very quiet rowing machine. It provides an extensive range of electromagnetic resistance (25 watts to 500 watts) to challenge any level of athlete.
- Comfortable Design: Biomechanically correct footplates support your body’s natural pivoting motion during rowing, and the machine lets your upper body use its full range of motion. For seating, thick padding on the seat provides good comfort. The glide is very smooth, not jarring to the body.
- Low Maintenance: The Coach E’s seat is built with sealed ball bearings. These eliminate the need for regular lubrication.
- Stores Upright: To free up floor space, you can store the Kettler Coach E vertically. Although the frame is robust, it’s easy to move with the attached wheels.
- Steel Frame: The frame is made of powder coated high carbon steel. It has a lifetime warranty.
- Bonus Exercises: A special benefit of the Kettler Coach E is the option to perform 16 exercises in addition to rowing. This is accomplished with easy-to-attach plates for the front and back of the machine. The exercises are shown on the Kettler website.
- Warranty: The parts warranty is for three years. We’d like to see a longer warranty considering the rower’s list price, but three years isn’t bad.
- Price: Selling for about $1,700 before discounts, the Kettler Coach E Rower costs above average.
- Plugs In: The console doesn’t use batteries, so the rowing machine needs to be near an electrical outlet.
- Weight Limit: The weight limit of 285 pounds is rather light for a rowing machine.
The Kettler Coach E Rower is one of the best residential magnetic rowing machines on the market. This high performance fitness machine has great ergonomics, includes 12 workout programs and can train a wide variety of skill levels. Although it costs more than most rowing machines, it also serves as a miniature gymnasium; it supports 17 exercises in all! It is a good choice when quiet operation and durability are topmost concerns.
Kettler Coach E Rower Specifications:
|Monitor:||SIEMENS Electronic LCD|
|Weight Capacity:||285 LBS|