The Kettler Coach M Rower is an affordable, yet durable rowing machine for home use. It’s essentially the pricier Kettler Coach E with manual magnetic resistance and no preset workout programs. The Coach M Rower has a chrome-plated steel frame, a wide range of magnetic resistance, and an accurate wireless heart rate monitor. It also includes attachments to support 16 exercises in addition to rowing.
Kettler rowing machines are made in Germany from high quality components. The Kettler Coach M Rower resembles the popular Coach E, but offers less programming and uses manual resistance control. It also has a different frame finish (chrome instead of powder coating and features a quiet magnetic braking system with resistance options to suit beginners through stronger rowers.
Unlike the more expensive Coach E, the Kettler Coach M Rower does not offer preset workout programs. It’s monitor only displays Time, Energy Consumed, Strokes, Frequency and Pulse Rate (a wireless chest strap and receiver are included). Additionally, Kettler rowing machines are unique for providing additional exercise options. The Kettler Coach M arrives with a Quick Attach backboard and front footplate. These attachments support 16 different exercises.
The Kettler Coach M is medium sized for a rowing machine, measuring 80” L x 20” W x 26” H. For storage or during room rearrangements, it can easily be repositioned with help from the attached caster wheels.
- Data Monitor: The rower’s high quality SIEMENS electronic LCD computer is easy to read and gives accurate readouts. Data is shown with English and German labels. The fields show Time, Energy Consumed, Strokes, Pulse Rate and Frequency. A scan function lets you keep a favorite field prominently displayed.
- Cardio Wellness Feature: The computer has a recovery feature that measures your heart rate after exercise and provides a cardio wellness score.
- Smooth Resistance: The Coach M rowing machine uses quiet magnetic braking. The resistance is manual, which allows for infinite adjustments. For guidance the tension knob is marked from 1 to 10. The Coach E, in contrast, uses electronic controls.
- Comfortable Design: The footplates support a natural pivoting motion and the Coach M gives your upper body a full range of motion. Its seat has comfortable padding and glides smoothly along a chrome-plate rail.
- Low Maintenance: The Coach M’s seat glides with sealed ball bearings. These make the machine low-maintenance with no lubrication required.
- Stores Upright: The Kettler Coach M Rower can be stored vertically. Although the frame is robust, it’s easy to move with the attached wheels.
- Steel Frame: The frame is made of chrome-plated steel and has a lifetime warranty.
- Bonus Exercises: The Kettler Coach M includes two easy-to-attach plates for the front and back of the machine. These support 16 additional exercises, making the rower a mini gym.
- Warranty: The parts warranty is for three years, which is a nice match for a $999 rowing machine.
- Plugs In: The console doesn’t use batteries, so the Coach M needs to be used with a power cord.
- Weight Limit: The weight limit of 285 pounds is rather light for a rowing machine.
The Kettler Coach M Rower is built for longevity. It is very simple in terms of programming, but supports 17 different exercises. The machine offers an especially impressive value for people who will actually use the attachments. For those uninterested in the additional exercise options, a different rowing machine with built-in programming might offer better value.
Kettler Coach M Rower Specifications:
|Monitor:||SIEMENS Electronic LCD|
|Weight Capacity:||285 LBS|