The R100 Rowing Machine with hybrid resistance is the top option in Lifecore’s lineup. This light commercial unit has double the weight capacity of other Lifecore rowing machines and its programming is much more plentiful. The R100 has 16 resistance levels and a low entry point of 14.5”.
The Lifecore R100 Rowing Machine is designed to withstand heavy use. It has a 600 pound user weight capacity, and its five-year parts warranty suggests overall high quality engineering. It is sold with light commercial and residential warranties.
Four trainees can save their profiles to the R100’s computer. They can choose from 11 preset programs or design their own routines.
Tension is available at 16 levels and is manually controlled with a knob. At the lowest tension level only air resistance is used, but at higher levels magnetic resistance kicks in too.
This rower is easy to move thanks to attached wheels. For your convenience the Lifecore R100 can run off batteries or be used with a power cord (included).
- Low Profile: The Lifecore R100 Rowing Machine sits just 14.5” from the floor.
- Aluminum Frame: The R100 has an industrial strength aluminum rail. The frame has a lifetime warranty.
- Wireless Pulse: The Lifecore R100 has a wireless heart rate receiver to help you make the most of exercise sessions. It requires a Polar-compatible chest strap.
- Data: A two-color LCD monitor shows 500m time, total time, strokes per minute, total strokes, calories, speed, distance and heart rate.
- Preset Workouts: The 11 workouts are varied and include heart rate targeting.
- Storage: This rowing machine has a large footprint, but it can easily be folded for storage. Transport wheels are built into the front for easy moving.
- High Capacity: The maximum user weight capacity is 600 pounds.
- Warranty: Lifecore sells the R100 with two warranties. The residential warranty is especially good. For the light commercial and residential warranties alike, the frame is covered lifelong. The residential warranty covers the moving parts for five years. Labor is free if needed during the first year and is provided in-home. For light commercial settings the parts warranty is shortened to two years and labor is only free for 90 days, which is skimpy.
- Larger Size: The R100 is 90” long and 21” wide. It demands more floor space than most other fitness machines.
- Data Feedback: Customers have complained that the speedometer does not show your current pace, but only an average. Also, the heart rate receiver seems to be unreliable, which makes several of the programs useless.
- Made Overseas: Lifecore rowers are made in Taiwan. Some shoppers prefer US-based companies such as Concept2 and WaterRower, which are known for better quality control and customer service.
The Lifecore R100 Rower is solid, but it’s not one of the best values in its price class. For light commercial and residential settings we prefer Concept2 and WaterRower rowing machines. These more accurately emulate the physical sensation of taking part in crew — plus they have better programs, can last a lifetime, and are made in the USA.
Lifecore R100 Rower Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||600 LBS|