The ProForm Dual Trainer Bike/Rower is a two-in-one fitness machine with a convenient SpaceSaver® design. For just $399 it offers the cardio benefits of biking and the head-to-toe sculpting effects of rowing. In each mode the Bike/Rower has 20 resistance levels and provides exercise guidance with 24 built-in workouts. This machine can be folded with one easy step when workout time is over.
ProForm’s Dual Trainer Bike/Rower is a cleverly designed home fitness machine. By adjusting its pedals and seat, a trainee can use the ProForm Dual Trainer for comfortable recumbent biking or full-body rowing. The magnetic tension is conveniently adjusted with digital controls and there are 24 preset workouts to choose from. These workouts automatically alter the machine’s speed and resistance, and they are designed by a certified personal trainer to burn calories and improve physical performance.
Session progress is easy to monitor with a glance. A large LCD screen shows speed, elapsed time, distance, RPM and calories burned. The Bike/Rower console also has a target pacer, which is a light system indicating when to speed up or slow down.
The monitor is battery powered for convenience, so the ProForm Dual Trainer can be used anywhere without a power cord. The machine’s frame has levelers for safe use on slightly uneven surfaces too. The whole unit can easily be folded after use and transport wheels are attached, letting you move the machine like a dolly.
The Dual Trainer Bike/Rower is large enough for very tall trainees and has a maximum weight capacity of 350 pounds.
The ProForm Dual Trainer Bike/Rower gets mixed customer reviews but many are positive. Here are some features that owners appreciate.
- Two Machines In One: A big appeal here, of course, is the two-in-one design. The Dual Trainer supports two major types of exercise and both are low impact, delivering very little shock to the body compared with running or upright biking. Recumbent biking and rowing can be excellent ways to burn calories, improve cardiovascular health and sculpt the major muscle groups.
- Low Price: The $399 price is very low for a fitness machine and especially for a hybrid. Most magnetic rowing machines and recumbent bikes cost more.
- Preset Programs: A sizeable library of preset workouts features 24 workouts designed by a certified personal trainer. Twelve of the workouts have specific calorie burn goals and 12 are for performance (strength).
- SpaceSaver: The ProForm Dual Trainer is about 79” long when unfolded. That’s a typical size for a recumbent bike or rowing machine. After exercise, the user can turn a knob to make the frame foldable. Wheels are attached so the frame is rather easy to roll away too.
- Comfortable Seating: Cheap rowers and recumbent bikes often have uncomfortable seats, but the ProForm’s seat is well cushioned and has adjustable back support.
- Easy-to-Use Console: The battery powered monitor is easy to use and shows distance, time, calories, speed and RPM. An indicator light with red, yellow and green helps the user stay on pace.
- Quiet Magnetic Resistance: Magnetic resistance is friction-free, so it’s associated with quiet operation in bike mode and rower mode. There is a slight sound when the rower handlebar is pulled back, but a person can still watch TV at the usual volume. Resistance levels on the ProForm Dual Trainer range from light to heavy.
- Weight Capacity: The user weight capacity is 350 pounds.
- Fits Most Adults: Customers ranging in height from 5’0” to 6’6” have reported that the ProForm Bike/Rower is comfortable to use in both modes.
- Quality Control: Not every customer receives the same quality of product. Sometimes this model is easy to assemble and runs well, but a minority of customers report that parts don’t align or are otherwise defective. Sometimes not all of the parts are included in the box.
- Warranty: The frame has a lifetime warranty, but the rest of the standard warranty package is rather skimpy. It covers parts and labor for one year. Extended warranties are available. The Dual Trainer is sold with a 30-day money-back guarantee too, but customers who return the machine are responsible for shipping costs.
The ProForm Dual Trainer Bike/Rower has pleased trainees of all sizes and strengths. It can be a great value for just $399 considering its full-body training and helpful workout programs. However, shoppers do run the risk of receiving a substandard unit.
ProForm Dual Trainer Bike/Rower Specifications:
|Monitor:||Large LCD Screen|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|