The Stamina DT Pro Rower is the top rowing machine from Stamina Products, a brand known for its better quality discount fitness equipment. The DT Pro Rower’s key features are a sturdy aluminum beam, a quiet hybrid air-magnetic resistance system with eight strength levels, and a programmable workout monitor. Preset workout routines are included for heart rate targeting, endurance, strength and fat burn.
The silver and black Stamina DT Pro Rower is the top rowing machine from Stamina Products. Stamina Products cuts costs by manufacturing its fitness machines overseas, but the company is known for pretty good quality control. This product has an MSRP of $1,199.
The DT Pro uses a combination of smooth air resistance and magnetism to deliver full-body workouts. Like any rowing machine, it helps improve heart health and overall strength at once — and unlike a treadmill or spin bike, it’s gentle on your hips, knees and ankles.
Workout variety on this rower is impressive. Eight programs are included, plus you can design and save four workouts. The preset programs have titles such as “Rolling,” “Fat Burn,” “Ramp” and “Target Heart Rate.” Each can be used at eight resistance levels.
The Stamina DT Pro is nearly nine feet long, so it’s a bit larger overall than most home rowing machines. The main aluminum beam can be folded upright to save floor space.
Is this the best rowing machine for your home workouts? Here are some pros and cons to consider.
- Programmable Monitor: Stamina’s DT Pro monitor gives a good amount of workout guidance and feedback. The data fields are: Time, Distance, Calories, Count, Strokes per Minute, Watt and Pulse. The programs are: Rolling, Valley, Fat Burn, Ramp, Hill, Mountain, Interval and Target Heart Rate. These have a default running time of 30 minutes each. You can also save four programs to the computer. The format for these is ten intervals for which you can set the time and resistance level. At the end of any workout session you can press the “Recovery” button for insight about your cardiovascular health.
- Smooth Resistance: The DT Pro rowing machine uses air resistance at its lowest level. At the higher levels magnetic resistance kicks in. This hybrid system runs smoothly and is designed for quiet operation.
- Padded Seat: Thick seat padding contributes to a comfortable low-impact ride.
- Metal Frame: The frame is made of stainless steel and aluminum. It has a five-year warranty.
- Folds: This rowing machine is large but can easily be folded for narrow vertical storage.
- Weight Limit: The DT Pro Rower weighs a sturdy 87 pounds. It can support up to 300 pounds, which is about the minimum for a good rowing machine.
Stamina rowing machines are made in China. Their quality is better than what we find with some other Made in China products, and it helps keep prices low, but for many consumers it’s still worth mentioning. Here are some specific issues that might be drawbacks about the Stamina DT Pro Rower.
- Assembly: This rower has a lot of little parts. Assembly could be frustrating, and the many bolts might need to be tightened after every few uses.
- Dimensions: With its footprint of 75” x 20”, the DT Pro demands more floor space than the average rowing machine. However, it does fold up.
- Cheap Straps: The most common complaint about the Stamina DT Pro is the shoe straps. They are made from a cheaper Velcro that doesn’t hold well. If your feet come loose from the pedals, then you need to briefly stop exercising to strap in again.
- Some Cheaper Parts: Although the frame is metal, the flywheel casing and some other parts are made from plastic. A nylon strap (rather than a chain) is used in the drive.
- Warranty: The five-year frame warranty is OK, but the parts warranty is substandard with just 90 days. A three-year parts warranty would be more appropriate for the selling price of $1199.
- Wobbles: Heavier riders find that the machine wobbles if they don’t stay centered.
The Stamina DT Pro Rower is a pretty good rowing machine. If we received it as a gift, we’d be thankful, somehow improve the Velcro straps, and use the machine regularly. Spending our own hard-earned money though, it’s not a top choice. For the full price of $1,199 a buyer should get a more generous parts warranty and secure foot straps. In our unbiased review, a much better option is the Model D rowing machine by Concept2. The Model D costs less too!
Stamina DT Pro Rower Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|