The Stamina InMotion Rower is a very low-priced rowing machine that’s surprisingly durable. Its key features are a foldable steel frame, five levels of hydraulic resistance, footplates that pivot for comfort, and a simple data monitor. The InMotion Rower is lightweight and compact but can hold up to 250 pounds under its warranty.
The foldable Stamina InMotion Rower is among the world’s lowest-priced rowing machines. It’s better quality than you might expect for $179, and it tends to last longer than competitors in its price class. The price is kept low thanks to the InMotion Rower’s small size and its hydraulic resistance system.
Machine size matters to lots of shoppers, and the Stamina InMotion is selected for its compact dimensions along with the low price. It has a footprint of 56.5″ L x 23.5″ when unfolded, whereas most rowing machines are about two feet longer. Even so, it is sized just fine for people up to 6 feet tall. The machine is very lightweight as well — just 27 pounds — but has an official weight capacity of 250 pounds. Customers have reported that 300 pounds won’t break the machine.
Hydraulic resistance is used. This is the cheapest type of resistance available on rowing machines, yet most customers report that the Stamina remains quiet and smooth even after many months of regular use. There are five challenge levels. An LCD monitor shows speed, distance, time, row count, calories burned and miles rowed.
Natural motion for the lower body is supported with pivoting footplates.
Is this the best rowing machine for you? Here are some pros and cons to take into account.
- Assembly: The Stamina InMotion experience starts off well with an easy assembly process. Expect to spend about 40 minutes.
- Data Monitor: This rower is topped with an InTouch monitor, which is a simple one-button computer that shows elapsed time, distance, calories burned and stroke count.
- Quiet: The InMotion rowing machine uses hydraulic resistance, which is quiet enough to not disturb others.
- Low Profile: The seat is low to the ground like that of a boat. It is 8.5″ at the low end and 11.5″ at the high end.
- Padded Seat: This rower has a thickly padded seat to support low-impact exercise. It is contoured for comfort and fits smaller riders best.
- Pivoting Foot Plates: Pivoting plates are a feature normally found on more expensive rowers. These help your lower body follow a natural motion during exercise.
- Steel Frame: The frame is made from steel and has a one-year warranty. It can hold up to 250 pounds according to the manual, and more according to customer reviews.
- Compact Size: The Stamina InMotion rower measures 5″ L x 23.5″ W x 19″ H and weighs just 27 pounds.
- Price: This is one of the lowest-priced rowing machines on our review site.
- No Programs: The Stamina InMotion has a data monitor but does not have preset workout programs.
- Few Tension Levels: This rower only offers five levels of resistance. Most rowing machines have at least 12 levels, if not unlimited resistance.
- Overheating: The hydraulic cylinder is prone to overheating. For this reason, we wouldn’t want children to use this fitness machine. Adults should keep aware of the temperature to avoid getting burned or working the machine too hard. Hydraulic cylinders can leak when the fluid gets hot. Stamina replaces these for free within the first 90 days if you register your purchase.
- Some Cheaper Parts: Besides using hydraulic resistance, this machine has other cheap parts such as plastic rollers.
- Not Realistic: The handlebars support a full range of motion for the upper body. However, they don’t replicate the feel of outdoor rowing, unlike more expensive rowing machines.
- Warranty: Stamina puts short warranties on all their fitness machines, even their best rowing machines. The Stamina InMotion gets an especially short warranty: one year on the frame and 90 days on parts.
The Stamina InMotion Rower is worth a gamble. It might be your best rowing machine option if you have limited room and a small budget. Price-wise it’s the cheapest rowing machine on our whole site, yet in terms of quality it isn’t bad. The InMotion delivers cardio training and strength training with a good amount of resistance, and it isn’t so prone to breakdowns when compared with other low-cost rowing machines. As mentioned above, we caution riders to occasionally check the cylinder while exercising to avoid its overheating.
Stamina InMotion Rower Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||250 LBS|