The sleek and attractive Stamina X is a basic, yet durable rowing machine that is perfect for home gyms. It runs on smooth air resistance to fit most skill levels and its monitor shows a solid collection session data (strokes per minute, count, distance, speed, time and calories). It can fit riders as tall as 6’5” and can be folded vertically to save space.
The eye-catching red and black Stamina X Rowing Machine is amongst Stamina’s best deals and one of our favorites in the price range. We rate it an 8 overall, but in terms of value it’s easily a 10. The Stamina X is sized to fit almost anyone up to 250 pounds and its resistance adjusts to match the rider’s force. It produces smooth resistance with a fan flywheel and competes well with more expensive machines of it’s ilk.
The Stamina X is a basic model, so you won’t get speakers, workout programs, or heart rate monitoring. However, the core of this machine is better than any other budget-conscious rower with more bells and whistles. It has a strong metal chain, a steel frame, and the seat glides on metal bearings instead of plastic wheels. The footplates also pivot to follow your natural motion (an underrated feature that is rare in this price range).
Sized to fit most users, the Stamina X Rowing Machine has a weight limit of 250 pounds and can heights people up to 6’ 5”.
The online price for this model is just $549. Is it the best rowing machine for you? Here are some factors to consider.
- Looks Good: Substance matters most, but this rower does stand out in a home gym thanks to a sleek black and red design.
- Assembly: Most buyers find this rower easy to set up.
- Durable: The Stamina X boasts high quality components that are typically reserved for more expensive rowing machines like a steel frame, a metal chain, and metal rollers. While the warranty is fairly short, users rarely complaints about breakdowns.
- Higher Profile: The Stamina X is raised 18” off of the ground. This makes the machines easier to use for those with limited mobility.
- Padded Seat: The seat is molded and padded for a comfortable rowing glide.
- Larger Footplates: The footplates on this unit are larger than those on Stamina rowers. They are long enough for most shoe sizes.
- Data: A data monitor displays strokes per minute, count, distance, speed, time, and calories. It has an adjustable height and can be tilted for easy reading.
- Saves Space: The seat and beam for the Stamina X can be stored in an upright position. Wheels are attached for easy transport and the machine weighs a manageable 63 pounds.
The Stamina X has some impressive selling points, but it isn’t for everyone. Here are some possible disadvantages..
- Warranty: Stamina’s warranties are among the shortest in the industry. The Stamina X Rowing Machine is sold with three years of protection for the steel frame and only 90 days for parts.
- No Heart Rate Monitor: This machine doesn’t include a heart rate monitor, which will be a deal breaker for some trainees.
- No Preset Programs: The computer does not have preset exercise programs.
- Small Handle: The handle has a narrow diameter. If it were larger, it would be more comfortable to hold for an extended workout.
The Stamina X Rowing Machine might be simple, but it’s also one of the finest air resistance rowers in this price range. It has pivoting footplates, satisfying resistance, and a helpful data monitor. The Stamina X is likely to run smoothly for many years and is a good buy for $549. An impressive and dependable option for anyone shopping for a rower on a limited budget.
Stamina X Rower Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||250 LBS|