The GX Rower Home is a high quality hardwood rowing machine with water resistance. It’s designed for group exercise classes and its purchase price includes DVDs for both ShockWave and Indo-Row training. It’s even topped with a special GX monitor for additional workout guidance. Made in the USA from sustainably sourced ash hardwood, The GX Rower Home is a classy and powerful machine made for the residential market.
The WaterRower GX Home Rowing Machine is one of two rowers in the WaterRower GX Series. The other rower is the more expensive GX Studio Rowing Machine, built for commercial use. GX Series rowing machines are designed for traditional rowing workouts defined by time and distance, but are engineered to work with popular group exercise programs too. They are shipped with DVDs for the Indo-Row and ShockWave training programs.
The GX Home features a water flywheel, a low-maintenance concave monorail, and the GX Monitor with simple programming. Its attractive frame is crafted from sustainably sourced ash hardwood and the GX logo is burned into the wood creating a classy yet rustic effect.
Thew rower uses the patented resistance system WaterFlywheel, a top tool for simulating the physical experience of actual boat rowing. WaterFlywheel resistance feels natural, fits all skill levels, and delivers a satisfying splash with every stroke.
Shoppers often compare the GX Home with another home rowing machine, the WaterRower Natural. These machines are priced similarly at around $1,000. Some key differences are that the GX Home Rowing Machine’s simpler monitor and single rail (which lowers the maximum weight capacity). The machine can safely support up to 325 pounds. Another difference is rail shape. Because the GX Home has a concave rail instead of a flat rail, it accumulates less dust and requires less light maintenance.
- Water Resistance: The WaterRower GX Home Rowing Machine uses water resistance to help mimic the sensation of actual rowing. Its patented WaterFlywheel consists of two paddles in an enclosed tank of water. The challenge level automatically increases when you exert more force. The resistance can also be altered depending on how much water you add to the tank.
- DVD Workouts: The purchase price includes DVDs for two popular rowing programs called ShockWave and Indo-Row. These are strong training tools that teach proper rowing technique and help develop skills. Some elements of the workouts include warming up, riding waves, and racing.
- GX Monitor: The GX Monitor displays elapsed time, distance, stroke rate, speed/intensity and total calories burned. It also has a “Quick Start” Race/Pace option.The Race/Pace function lets you set up workouts for time and distance.
- Low Impact, Yet Powerful: Rowing machines are low impact, which means they are gentle on ankles, knees, and hips. At the same time, they are are extremely effective. WaterRowers have been shown to work 84% of muscle mass. The GX Home Rowing Machine helps you safely and efficiently tone and strengthen your muscles, while raising your metabolism.
- Fits Almost Everyone: Whether you’re short, tall or fall somewhere in-between, the GX Home rower should feel comfortable. It is meant for users with inseams up to 39” long.
- Easy Storage: The WaterRower is a full-sized rowing machine, but it can be flipped vertically to save floor space. When in use its dimensions are 83.5” long x 22.25” wide x 20” high.
- Eco-Conscious: Made with sustainable wood and water, WaterRowers have a relatively light carbon footprint.
- Hardwood: The WaterRower GX Home is handcrafted from verified sustainable hardwood harvested in Appalachia. The ashwood is finished with Danish Oil.
- Durable: The WaterRower GX Home Rowing Machine will likely to outlive its three-year parts warranty. It’s constructed from high quality parts.
- High Capacity: The WaterRower GX Home has a maximum user weight capacity of 325 pounds.
- Price: This WaterRower is more affordable than other models.
- Good Warranty: The GX Home rower carries a three-year parts warranty and a five-year frame warranty.
- No Heart Monitor: The WaterRower GX Home doesn’t have a heart rate receiver. In contrast, the WaterRower Natural provides advanced heart rate information and has a “Zone Feature” alert system to keep users within their desired heart rate zone.
- GX vs S4 Monitors: The GX Monitor provides little workout guidance compared to the S4 Monitor used on other WaterRowers. However, it is sold with motivational DVD training programs.
The WaterRower GX Home Rowing Machine is highly recommended for home gyms. WaterRowers are some of the best-feeling rowing machines on the market and the GX Home is well priced for such a durable and attractive unit. This is the best rowing machine for those who use DVD workouts. However, if DVDs aren’t your thing, then the WaterRower Natural with more built-in programs might be a better choice.
WaterRower GX Home Rowing Machine Specifications:
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|