The commercial quality WaterRower M1 HiRise Rowing Machine is available in virtually any color -- but unpainted, it suits any environment with its brushed aluminum frame and innovative WaterFlywheel. This indoor rower has a higher entry point than the other M1 aluminum rower, the M1 LoRise. The rider sits 20” from the ground. Providing guidance with an S4 Monitor, and providing all levels of natural paddling resistance, this indoor rower is appropriate for everyone from novices to very experienced rowers.
The M1 HiRise Rowing Machine is raised from the ground with four legs. It is part of WaterRower’s M Series, which also includes the M1 LoRise with a lower entry point. These machines are made from heavy aluminum. For an extra charge they can be powdercoated in virtually any color.
Like all WaterRowers, the M1 HiRise is especially inviting because it features the brand’s patented WaterFlywheel. Using water resistance is obviously the most natural way to emulate outdoor rowing. The WaterFlywheel not only helps produce the physical sensation of rowing, but makes a pleasant on-the-water sound with each stroke.
This rower has an S4 Monitor with preset programs and data feedback. The monitor can be connected to a PC to enhance your rowing experience with online races, advanced data tracking and more.
- Custom Colors: The aluminum M1 HiRise can be powdercoated to match your workout studio. This requires communication with a sales rep; you can’t just choose the color online. More than 1,600 colors are available.
- Higher Entry Point: As its name suggests, the M1 HiRise is raised from the ground, with its entry point being at 20” (50 cm). Other rowing machines do not have legs. This higher design may be more comfortable for people who are taller or have thicker legs. The LoRise might feel constricting for larger riders.
- Resistance: The WaterRower M1 HiRise uses a patented WaterFlywheel, which is a closed water tank with encased paddles. The WaterFlywheel operates smoothly and produces a pleasant-sounding “swish” with each stroke. The resistance naturally increases or decreases with paddling intensity, so WaterRowers are suitable for all skill levels.
- Low Impact: The WaterRower M1 HiRise provides a full range of motion for the upper body, and it recruits an almost incredible 84% of muscle mass! Still, the machine is low impact on your joints. Compared with many other aerobic fitness machines it puts little pressure on your ankles, knees and hips.
- Data: WaterRower S4 Monitors have LCD screens and can connect with a personal computer. They have preset workout programs and give a good deal of feedback about each session and/or interval. Display fields include m/s (meters per second), mph (mile per hour), /500m (time per 500 meters), /2km (time per 2 kilometers), watts and Kcalories/hour. The S4 can also show advanced heart rate data, although the heart rate monitoring equipment is sold separately.
- Workout Programs: The S4 Monitor has six preset workouts and lets you set up new routines that focus on goals for interval work, distance or time. It saves data from nine consecutive sessions and makes it convenient to repeat any of those programs. By connecting with a PC, you can integrate the programming with third party apps too.
- Advanced Heart Rate Analysis: The WaterRower M1 HiRise can work with a wireless pulse transmitter and receiver to help you exercise within your desired heart rate zone. A zone alert feature lets you know when you are above or below your target. Detailed session feedback lets you know how much time you spent at, above, and below your desired zone. It also shows the maximum heart rate achieved.
- Long-Lasting: Built from thick aluminum tubing and using water for resistance, the HiRise is built to last. The components are covered for three years if the product is registered. WaterRowers are made to endure far longer than their warranties might suggest.
- Easy to Store: The aluminum frame flips upright for easy storage.
- Very High Capacity: The WaterRower M1 HiRise Rowing Machine can support more than 2,000 pounds.
- Good Warranty: The M1 HiRise initially carries a one-year warranty for its frame and components. WaterRower upgrades the warranty to five years on the frame and three years on the components when a registration form is submitted.
- Size: This rowing machine is not compact. It measures 82.25” long and 22.25” wide.
- Price: WaterRowers cost above average to begin with, and optional custom painting adds to the HiRise’s price. Tip: You can rent a WaterRower for just $9.98/week! Find out more by visiting the “Shop” section of the WaterRower website and clicking on a product.
The commercial quality WaterRower M1 HiRise is a good choice for rowers who’d like more room to stretch out. It is exceptionally durable, has great programming, and is one of the few rowing machines that can be custom painted to suit your workout area.
WaterRower M1 HiRise Rower Specifications:
|Monitor:||S4 Monitor display|
|Weight Capacity:||2000 LBS|