The Natural is WaterRower’s most affordable rowing machine, yet it’s durable enough to last a lifetime. It is made in the USA from sustainably sourced hardwood and features a patented water-based flywheel. Like other units in this year’s WaterRower collection, the WaterRower Natural is topped with an S4 monitor to give workout guidance and feedback. This rowing machine is appropriate for everyone from novices to elite athletes.
The WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine is a wood-and-water rower intended for home use. It’s crafted from sustainably sourced ash hardwood and stained a warm honey oak that’s pleasing to the eye.
While working out on the Natural, you’ll truly feel like you’re rowing on water. WaterRower’s rowing machines feature a patented WaterFlywheel and water resistance is the best way to simulate the physical experience of actual rowing.
Workout guidance and data feedback are provided on the S4 Monitor. Specific features like interval workouts and heart rate monitoring are covered below. Plus, the S4 can be connected to a PC for integration with third party software.
This rower is part of WaterRower’s Natural Series. The only other machine in that series is the WaterRower Club Rowing Machine. It’s a very similar machine, but designed to meet the heavier demands of fitness clubs and physical therapy clinics.
- Resistance: The WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine uses water resistance to reproduce the sensation of rowing a boat. Its drive consists of two paddles in an enclosed tank of water. You can’t get more realistic than that! Most other brands use resistance systems based in air, magnetism. and mechanical friction.
- Low Impact Yet Powerful: The WaterRower Natural has been proven to work 84% of muscle mass. It can tone and strengthen muscles while burning calories far more efficiently than most other aerobic machines. The exercise is also low impact, relieving body weight pressure on the ankles, knees, and hips.
- Data: This home rowing machine provides a nice amount of feedback. The backlit S4 Monitor is packed with useful features and can be connected to a PC for integration with other software. It displays calories-per-hour, meters-per-second, miles-per-hour, time-per-500 meters, and time-per-two-kilometers. A log is kept of the total distance traveled and a precise watts readout is provided when you input the volume of water in the tank. With an optional wireless attachment, the monitor can show heart rate as well.
- Workout Programs: The WaterRower Natural has six preset workouts and makes it easy to set up a workout based on a desired distance or duration. This indoor rower has an interval workout feature too, allowing users to program up to nine intervals separated by rest times. At the end of each session, users receive statistics about their workout including number of strokes taken and calories burned. The monitor saves the previous nine sessions for comparison and quick starts.
- Advanced Heart Rate Analysis: The WaterRower Natural can work with a wireless transmitter and receiver (not included) to provide the following readouts: maximum heart rate achieved, time spent above desired heart rate zone, time spent in desired zone, and time spent below desired zone. A “Zone Feature” alert system helps you stay within your desired heart rate zone.
- Eco-Minded: Built from sustainable wood and water, this fitness machine has a relatively light carbon footprint.
- Hardwood: The WaterRower Natural is handcrafted from solid ash. The wood comes from Appalachia and for each tree harvested, 2.2 are planted. The ash is stained honey oak and is hand finished with Danish Oil for a deep lustre. The hardwood for this machine was especially chosen for its ability to absorb vibrations, supporting a quiet and smooth ride.
- Long-Lasting: The WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine is designed to endure. First, its ash is a premium hardwood with excellent longevity and dimensional stability. Second, the water resistance system means that there are no parts that can wear down.
- Easy to Store: The frame for this rower flips upright for easy storage.
- Very High Capacity: The WaterRower Natural has a maximum user weight capacity of 1000 pounds.
- Good Warranty: This product automatically carries a one-year warranty for its frame and components. WaterRower will upgrade the warranty to five years on the frame and three years on the components if the owner submits a registration form.
- Larger Size: The WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine measures 84” long by 21” wide. So this is not an ideal machine for households with limited space.
- Price: WaterRower is one of the most expensive brands of rowing machines, but at least owners know that they are paying for top quality.
The WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine is a durable product for home gyms and could likely stand up well in light commercial settings too. Its patented water resistance system makse this one of the most natural feeling rowing machines on the market. Besides its longevity, attractive look, and satisfying feel, this rower has a helpful computer system and is backed by excellent customer service. All of which earns The WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine our highest recommendation.
WaterRower Natural Rower Specifications:
|Monitor:||S4 Monitor display|
|Weight Capacity:||1000 LBS|